    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
    Date
    On Tuesday 01 December 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
    > "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> writes:

    > >> That worked out mosty OK (no freeze in quite some hibernation cycles),
    > >> but I'm continuing testing it.
    > >
    > > Great, please let me know how it works out.
    >
    > Will do. On the negative side, this tends to confuse NetworkManager.
    >
    > >> On the other hand, I reverted 8fbd962e3, recompiled and replaced the
    > >> module, and got the freeze during hibernation. And that was the bulk of
    > >> the changes since 2.6.31... I'll revert the rest and test again, but
    > >> that seems purely cosmetic, so no high hopes.

    > >> I'll do so, as soon as I find a way to automatically supply the dm-crypt
    > >> passphrase... or even better, learn to hibernate to ramdisk from the
    > >> initramfs. :)
    > >
    > > Well, you don't need to use swap encryption for _testing_. :-)
    >
    > I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.

    If /boot is big enough, you could use a swap file in /boot for the testing.

    > Apropos: does s2disk perform encryption with a temporary key even if I
    > don't supply and RSA key, to protect mlocked application data from being
    > present in the swap after restore?

    It can do that, but you need to provide a key during suspend and resume.

    Otherwise it doesn't use a random key, because it would have to store it in
    the clear in the image header.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2009-12-01 22:35    [W:0.037 / U:1.128 seconds]