SubjectRe: [RFC v2] Another approach to IR
Hi,
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Just taking an example from the dibcom0700 driver (as the same driver
>> supports several different RC5 and NEC codes at the same time),
>> the kernel table has several keycodes added there, all working
>> at the same time. Providing that the scancodes won't overlap, you can
>> map two different scancodes (from different IR's) to return the same
>> keycode (table is not complete - I just got a few common keycodes):
>
> Mauro,
>
> Just to be clear, the dib0700 does not actually support receiving RC5
> or NEC codes at the same time. You have to tell the chip which mode
> to operate in, via a REQUEST_SET_RC to the firmware (see
> dib0700_core.c:405). The em28xx works the same way (you have to tell
> it what type of IR format to receive).
>
> The fact that the driver currently uses the same lookup table for both
> types of remote controls however, was perhaps not the best design
> choice. It really should be separated out, and merged with the
> regular ir-functions.c. I just never got around to it.

I did not follow all the discussion, still I have a comment:

I will soon work on a device where it is the driver who is doing the
decoding of the IR-frames. It is (maybe, I'm still missing some pieces to
be sure) possible to receive different protocols at the same time with
this hardware.

--

Patrick
http://www.kernellabs.com/

  Last update: 2009-12-01 18:37    [W:0.106 / U:0.564 seconds]