    SubjectRe: [RFC v2] Another approach to IR
    On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
    <> wrote:
    > Just taking an example from the dibcom0700 driver (as the same driver
    > supports several different RC5 and NEC codes at the same time),
    > the kernel table has several keycodes added there, all working
    > at the same time. Providing that the scancodes won't overlap, you can
    > map two different scancodes (from different IR's) to return the same
    > keycode (table is not complete - I just got a few common keycodes):

    Just to be clear, the dib0700 does not actually support receiving RC5
    or NEC codes at the same time. You have to tell the chip which mode
    to operate in, via a REQUEST_SET_RC to the firmware (see
    dib0700_core.c:405). The em28xx works the same way (you have to tell
    it what type of IR format to receive).

    The fact that the driver currently uses the same lookup table for both
    types of remote controls however, was perhaps not the best design
    choice. It really should be separated out, and merged with the
    regular ir-functions.c. I just never got around to it.

    Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-01 18:13    [W:0.021 / U:8.396 seconds]