    SubjectRe: 2.6.29-rc3: tg3 dead after resume

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Parag Warudkar wrote:
    > Excellent! This patch works - tg3 comes back and gets link after resume.

    I still think the patch isn't very good. See my previous email.

    The fact that your machine works again is good, though. But before we let
    this lie, I'd _really_ like to know what was broken in the legacy PM path,
    rather than "let's leave it behind". Because a broken legacy path will end
    up biting us for other drivers, and I think the new PM path will need more
    work before it's ready for prime-time.

    > Are the below differences worth worrying about - especially since post
    > suspend some DevID/VendorID and some capabilities seem to be changed?

    That's not a devid/vendorid, it's an extended "subsystem" capability that
    we didn't save. We could try to save/restore all capabilities, but right
    now we only do the ones we care about (pcie/pcix/msi, iirc).

    I do suspect we might be better off saving everything we can, rather than
    deciding piece-meal to save specific capabilities we know about.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-31 02:49    [W:0.021 / U:19.304 seconds]