    SubjectRe: care and feeding of netperf (Re: Mainline kernel OLTP performance update)
    >>To get quick profiles, that form of aggregate netperf is OK - just the one
    >>iteration with background processes using a moderatly long run time. However,
    >>for result reporting, it is best to (ab)use the confidence intervals
    >>functionality to try to avoid skew errors.
    > Yes. My formal testing uses -i 50. I just wanted a quick testing. If I need
    > finer-tuning or investigation, I would turn on more options.

    Netperf will silently clip that to 30 as that is all the built-in tables know.

    > Thanks again. I learned a lot.

    Feel free to wander over to netperf-talk over at if you want to talk
    some more about the care and feeding of netperf.

    happy benchmarking,

    rick jones

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-26 19:29    [W:0.025 / U:22.060 seconds]