SubjectRe: Kernel Installer
> Replacing the normal build output with something different doesn't make
> anything easier.
> Especially considering that your "once the .config file is set" seems to
> assume the user already configured the kernel himself...

i am not just trying to replace the output , i am not a stupid to
waste my weekend sitting just to replace the output :-),
if u are interested , u can check out the entire TODO for the app here

but in the process i am stuck at deciding the no of files that will be
compiled , given that representing the entire compilation
process as a progress bar , would give a clear idea of " how much is
over" and "how much is left" !!!