    SubjectRe: mounting windows shares with path exactly like on windows
    Alan Jenkins wrote:

    > Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
    >>> In short - I've got bunch of applications running both on windows and
    >>> linux and these applications \
    >>> exchange links to files mounted on both sides. The problem is that
    >>> these paths are different, i.e. like \
    >>> D:/dir/file on windows and /mountpoint/dir/file on Linux. What I need
    >>> is unifying them. So my idea is to \
    >>> have path translator on anything on kernel level, which will make
    >>> Linux open call to D:/dir/file on Linux \
    >>> work and open /mountpoint/dir/file. Was anything close to that ever
    >>> incorporated in kernel?
    >>
    >> What's wrong with just:
    >>
    >> # mkdir -p /D:/dir
    >> # mount.cifs ...
    >> # touch /D:/dir/file
    >>
    >> ?
    >>
    >> Or, use symlinks from /D:/dir to /mountpoint/dir/
    > That only works from the root directory though. In unix, "C:/" is a
    > relative path.

    Yeah, creating "C:" symlink in each and every directory accessed by the
    application doesn't sound like a neat solution.

    BTW, it's the first time I hear about a unix application which has paths
    like D:/ or C:/ hardcoded.

    --
    Tomasz Chmielewski
    http://wpkg.org

      Last update: 2008-08-29 10:53    [W:0.020 / U:0.356 seconds]