SubjectRe: [patch 00/26] x64, x2apic/intr-remap: Interrupt-remapping and x2apic support

* Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com> wrote:

> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:53:20 +0200
> > Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> >
> >> For review and testing purposes i've created a new topic branch for
> >> this: tip/x86/x2apic and have picked up your patches into it.
> >
> > This has today turned up in linux-next and I'm having to rework 2.6.27
> > patches to compensate for it.
> >
> > Which means that I now need to wait until this work goes into mainline
> > before I can merge those patches or I need to undo those fixes, route
> > around Suresh's changes and then force you to fix the resulting damage.
> >
> > What's the score here? Is this stuff going into 2.6.27?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Jack is out at OLS this week, but yes I believe we're trying to push
> this into 6.2.27 as that is what the distro's will be basing their
> distributions on when the new system sees the light of day.

Note that this is the generic x2apic work from Intel, not the SGI/UV
specific x2apic stuff. The SGI-specific code is upstream already. (and
as i understand it was based on an earlier version of the Intel code)

The Intel x2apic code was submitted before the merge window but was
indeed pushed to linux-next during the window because that's when its
integration became fully ready. We'd rather not hold the whole merge
window and linux-next hostage with not fully ready stuff :-)

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-07-24 07:09    [W:0.083 / U:0.256 seconds]