commit 2069f457848f846cb31149c9aa29b330a6b66d1b
Author: Eric Paris <eparis@redhat.com>
Date: Fri Jul 4 09:47:13 2008 +1000

LSM/SELinux: show LSM mount options in /proc/mounts

This patch causes SELinux mount options to show up in /proc/mounts. As
with other code in the area seq_put errors are ignored. Other LSM's
will not have their mount options displayed until they fill in their own
security_sb_show_options() function.

In my case, selinux_get_mnt_opts() never gets very far because
sbsec->initialized never becomes true, and the function systematically returns
EINVAL which is then passed back up to the reader of /proc/mounts.

Changing show_sb_opts() to always return 0 (it was a void function before this
commit) makes the system behave normally.

Now it's possible that my selinux config is hosed - I have it enabled in
permissive mode but I don't pay much attention to it - but the failure mode in
that case should probably be more graceful. Seems like it would be better to
print out the available mount info minus the LSM options than to bail out
completely?

Thanks,
Marc

  Last update: 2008-07-17 02:57    [W:0.029 / U:0.620 seconds]