    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.26-rc4

    > > 4) if i try to run some sudo command it gets stuck (Crtl +C doesnt' help)
    > > "ip route" gets stuck too. User programs i tried wrok fine (only ls and
    > > htop). Network realted problem?
    >
    > I assume it's related to the oops above - the oops probably happened while
    > holding some mutex or other lock, which is why network-related stuff then
    > blocks on that lock (which will never be released, since the oops killed
    > the process that held it).

    rtnl, in fact, I suspect.

    > I suspect the oops is also why the bootup breaks, so it's likely all the
    > same issue. Please save the dmesg into a file, reboot into a working
    > setup, and send that. Along with hw information (it's likely related to
    > your network device driver, since I've not seen an uproar of these kinds
    > of problems from everybody else..).

    Actually, please apply the patch "rt2x00: Use atomic interface
    iteration in irq context" before trying anything more, that'll fix it.
    I'm not sure where Linville is hiding ;)

    (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/15268)

    johannes

      Last update: 2008-05-28 22:21    [W:0.026 / U:31.492 seconds]