    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.26-rc4
    On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > You know the drill by now: another week, another -rc.
    >
    > There's a lot of small stuff in here, most people won't even notice. The
    > most noticeable thing is for all you 32-bit x86 people who use PAE
    > (enabled by the HIGHMEM64G config option) due to having too much memory in
    > your machine - mprotect() was broken due to some of the PAT fix/cleanup
    > patches, causing the NX bit to be not set correctly.
    >
    > So if you had PAE enabled _and_ a recent enough CPU to have NX, but not
    > recent enough to be 64-bit (or you were just perverse and wanted to run a
    > 32-bit kernel despite having a chip that could do 64-bit and enough memory
    > that you _really_ should have used a 64-bit kernel), you'd get various
    > random program failures with SIGSEGV. It ranged from X not starting up to
    > apparently OpenOffice not working if it did.
    >
    > But most of the changes, as usual, are in drivers, at 60%, with some DRI
    > changes leading the way (fixing a number of other regressions, mainly by
    > reverting the under-cooked vblank update). Network, MMC, USB, watchdog and
    > IDE drivers also got updates.
    >
    > We had CIFS and NFS updates, and some arch updates as usual. The dirstat
    > gives the overview:

    I have this patchsets collected from LKML, that still apply ontop of -rc4.
    Are they not so urgent or are they not needed any more ?

    JBD[2] races
    http://marc.info/?l=linux-ext4&m=121141319601650&w=2
    http://marc.info/?l=linux-ext4&m=121141319701660&w=2

    libata EH timeout handling
    http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=121121761530723&w=2

    alignment in block DMA
    http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=121125981930670&w=2

    --
    J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com> \ Software is like sex:
    \ It's better when it's free

      Last update: 2008-05-27 12:05    [W:0.023 / U:0.508 seconds]