SubjectRe: Many open/close on same files yeilds "No such file or directory".
Jesper Krogh wrote:
>> I'd suspect that after 1e8 loops your CPU got too hot and started to
>> misbehave.
>
> Hardware is an Sun Fire X4600 (8xdual-core AMD64 processors). The
> problem seem to be tied to this filesystem. (I cannot havent been able
> to reproduce it on the /-mounted disk of the same system. So if a cpu
> problem.. then it shouldn't be tied to a specific filesystem?
>
> This is the only activity on the system .. so a load of 1 / 16cpus.

I've tried to explore this suggestion (the best I could).

There are 2 ext3 filesystems locally mounted. / and this one. Running 16
parallel runs of this program on a file on the /-mounted filesystem
cannot reproduce the problem. If it was linked to hot hardware, I
believe I should be able to reproduce it this way. The servers are in a
17 degress serverroom.

It changes alot when.. it actually happens. The "earliest ones" has been
from 200000 cycles.

Ive tried to upgrade.. so the system is now running a 2.6.24-16-server
(Ubuntu/Hardy) kernel. But execpt from differnet output in uname,
everything else seems to be the same.

All suggestions/ideas are welcome? The general feeling is that it wont
change a thing to reformat the filesystem?

Jesper
--
Jesper

  Last update: 2008-05-02 17:23    [W:0.084 / U:0.132 seconds]