    SubjectRe: Many open/close on same files yeilds "No such file or directory".
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    >> I cannot reproduce it on other disks attached to the same server or on
    >> other servers attached to similar disksystems.
    > hmm.
    > I guess it would be interesting to remount that filesystem with `noatime'
    > to eliminate the last bit of I/O and block-=realted code.

    It is allready mounted noatime:
    /dev/mapper/fx1200_vg-fx1200_lv on /z/fx1200 type ext3 (rw,noatime)

    >> I'm about to mkfs.ext3 the volume and spool it back in from the backup,
    >> but somehow I'm not convinced that it will solve the problem at all.
    >> It may just be a hardware problem, but dmesg doesnt tell anything.
    >> We actually got the problem from a perl-script, but this seems to be the
    >> minimal program that reproduces the problem.
    > I'd suspect that after 1e8 loops your CPU got too hot and started to
    > misbehave.

    Hardware is an Sun Fire X4600 (8xdual-core AMD64 processors). The
    problem seem to be tied to this filesystem. (I cannot havent been able
    to reproduce it on the /-mounted disk of the same system. So if a cpu
    problem.. then it shouldn't be tied to a specific filesystem?

    This is the only activity on the system .. so a load of 1 / 16cpus.

    The system are generally rock-solid.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-02 10:23    [W:0.021 / U:1.788 seconds]