    SubjectRe: RFC: Self-snapshotting in Linux
    On Wed 2008-04-16 14:50:46, Alan Jenkins wrote:
    > Pavel Machek wrote:
    >>> I guess there is the hardware / drivers issue. I would like to claim
    >>> I've found hibernation to be reliable but unfortunately that's not
    >>> 100% true.
    >> So debug it, it is open source after all. Or at least file a bugs.
    > I definitely want to debug it; I love hibernating. It's a regression and
    > it'll affect my distro kernel once I upgrade to Ubuntu Hardy.
    > <> "Backtraces during
    > hibernate / resume".
    > I posted the backtraces but nobody could tell me what they were - they
    > don't actually say whether they're OOPs or BUGs etc. They might be
    > softlockups - some times I got softlockup warnings, though thats not in the
    > log I posted.

    Not sure what that is, I never seen that before.

    Can you try vanilla 2.6.25-rc9 or something?

    > I'm confused about some details (exactly which versions / configs produced
    > which symptoms). I don't have the machine right now, but I'll get back to
    > it some time soon. I think I managed to get a pair of broken and
    > non-broken kernels to work on, and it seems to be a regression going from
    > 2.6.22 to 2.6.23.

    If you can do a git bisect between those two, we could probably fix it
    very quickly.

    > Any help in clearing up my confusion would be appreciated. Is it worth
    > trying to narrow down exactly where the hang happens between writing the
    > hibernation image and shutting down? If so how? I suspect that's going to
    > be easier than bisecting it.

    Adding printks?
    (cesky, pictures)

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-17 12:01    [W:0.021 / U:41.720 seconds]