SubjectRe: Keys get stuck
From
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 06:14:26PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> hw is proper place to implement autorepeat, and along with some
> buffering, it has chance to work. Kernel is not real-time, and X are
> definitely not real-time, while autorepeat is real-time operation.
>
> It actually mostly works in ps/2 case. Buffer in hardware means that
> pretty big interrupt delays can be tolerated without problems.

So does the keyboard events generate something like this then:

KEY_x_DOWN
KEY_x_REPEAT
KEY_x_UP

If so then X certainly could get all the keyboard information I imagine
it needs from the kernel, but otherwise I am not sure how it could. A
repeated series of key down events are not enough since some keys you
don't want repeated you just want to know when the key is held down and
when it isn't.

I just hope someone figures it out since I would love to stop getting
duplicate characters whenever the system is under a bit of load in X.

--
Len Sorensen

  Last update: 2008-03-14 14:33    [W:0.144 / U:0.204 seconds]