    SubjectTwo comments on menuconfig usability
    Hi all, [please to CC me]

    There's two things I want to comment on regarding menuconfig:

    1) I know of the purpose of oldconfig, but I prefer using menuconfig for
    upgrading to newer kernel versions, because most of the time, I would select
    the standard options for new features anyway. menuconfig has the "(NEW)"
    string at the end of a feature's description. However, I find that hard to
    see among all the names of various lenghts. My proposal would be to have
    an "N" or a "NEW" appear to the _left_ of the selection boxes, so that,
    browsing through the menus, one could more easily spot the interesting

    2) When selecting "Ralink driver support" (CONFIG_RT2X00), the accompanying
    drivers (CONFIG_RT2400PCI, CONFIG_RT61PC, ...) appear unindented. They should
    be indented by four spaces.

    Intrinsically unobtrusive antidisestablishmentarianistic
    inclinations cause considerable psychotic devastation
    among exasperated and marginally discomposed ornithologists.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-09 17:25    [W:0.033 / U:0.620 seconds]