    SubjectRe: Question about your git habits
    2008/2/23, Chase Venters <chase.venters@clientec.com> wrote:

    > ... blablabla
    >
    > My question is: If you're working on multiple things at once, do you tend to
    > clone the entire repository repeatedly into a series of separate working
    > directories and do your work there, then pull that work (possibly comprising
    > a series of "temporary" commits) back into a separate local master
    > respository with --squash, either into "master" or into a branch containing
    > the new feature?
    >
    > ... blablabla
    >
    > I'm using git to manage my project and I'm trying to determine the most
    > optimal workflow I can. I figure that I'm going to have an "official" master
    > repository for the project, and I want to keep the revision history clean in
    > that repository (ie, no messy intermediate commits that don't compile or only
    > implement a feature half way).

    I recomend you to use these complementary tools

    1. google: gitk screenshots ( e.g. http://lwn.net/Articles/140350/ )

    2. google: "git-gui" screenshots
    ( e.g. http://www.spearce.org/2007/01/git-gui-screenshots.html )

    3. google: gitweb color meld

    ;)

      Last update: 2008-02-23 02:39    [W:0.025 / U:0.228 seconds]