    Subject2.6.25-rc1 on Sun Ultra 40
    I have been attempting to test 2.6.25-rc1 on my Sun Ultra 40 (two
    dual-core Opteron 2222 CPUs).

    There is some issue with the HPET clocksource which causes it to hang
    the boot process if enabled, which I will look into in due course (the
    HPET works fine on at least 2.6.19).

    More pressing is that the system will not boot at all even with HPET
    disabled - kernel gets no further than "NET: Registered protocol family
    2".

    I cannot think of a way to find out what the problem is, because the
    system has only USB ports, and the USB keyboard is not working at this
    stage, either because the system has locked up hard, or because the USB
    support has not yet loaded (I tried both standard USB-HID and boot
    protocol keyboard support, both compiled in). Thus I cannot use
    magic-sysrq, or even scrollback to look at boot messages. There is also
    no serial port to assist with the latter...

    Any thoughts on a procedure for debugging this would be much
    appreciated.

    -j

      Last update: 2008-02-13 12:35    [W:0.020 / U:119.056 seconds]