SubjectRe: The ext3 way of journalling
On Jan 8, 2008 7:15 PM, Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> That will fix the this issue. The problem you are facing is that you
> have your hardware clock set to ticking localtime, instead of GMT.
> Windows ticks localtime, which is a mistake carried over from the
> 1970's and MS-DOS. Ticking localtime has all sorts of problems, among
> which is if you reboot around the transition between Summer Time (or
> Daylight Savings Time, depending on your contry) and normal time, the
> OS has no idea whether the DST adjustment has been applied or not.

Actually you can force Windows to accept a hardware clock in UTC:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl/TimeZoneInformation/RealTimeIsUniversal

I'm using this on my dual-boot machine at home because I that stupid
Daylight Savings Time change twice a year really annoyed me. So far
the only downside I found is that you have to remember that the time
you enter in the BIOS has to be UTC.

--
blue skies,
Martin

  Last update: 2008-01-09 10:57    [W:0.203 / U:0.252 seconds]