    SubjectRe: The ext3 way of journalling
    On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:54:11AM +0100, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 2008 7:15 PM, Theodore Tso <> wrote:
    > > That will fix the this issue. The problem you are facing is that you
    > > have your hardware clock set to ticking localtime, instead of GMT.
    > > Windows ticks localtime, which is a mistake carried over from the
    > > 1970's and MS-DOS. Ticking localtime has all sorts of problems, among
    > > which is if you reboot around the transition between Summer Time (or
    > > Daylight Savings Time, depending on your contry) and normal time, the
    > > OS has no idea whether the DST adjustment has been applied or not.
    > Actually you can force Windows to accept a hardware clock in UTC:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl/TimeZoneInformation/RealTimeIsUniversal

    Oh, so cool!!! Do you know off hand what version of Windows started
    honoring that registry setting?

    And what do you set that registry value to? Just a boolean "true"?

    Now, how to convince Ubuntu to put this in their FAQ so I stop having
    their ahhh, less than clueful dual-booting Windows users who happen to
    live in Europe stop submitting bugs on this issue....

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-09 13:29    [W:0.028 / U:7.220 seconds]