    SubjectMerge Candidate tree for the 2.6 kernel
    Yes, I know ... another tree, just what everyone wants.

    This one has a specific purpose: It's my tree tracking everyone else's
    git and quilt trees so I get early warning if there are going to be any
    merge issues. However, it struck me it might be useful to anyone
    wishing to track what's going upstream more closely.

    I'm currently autobuilding it every night with a cron job. The
    resulting log (and patches) are here:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jejb/merge-tree/

    And if you want a git tree, it's here:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/merge-tree 2.6.24-rc8-mc1

    fully labelled as <kernel version>-mc<n> and the place I began from as
    <kernel version>-mc<n>-base.

    The file that drives the build is this one:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jejb/merge-tree-build

    As you can see from the reverts and the skips, we have trouble even now
    (and that's after I fixed up most of the failures in SCSI).

    ACPI and the x86 trees clash hideously, so I kicked out x86

    Jens' block tree has two patches which clash with Bart's ide quilt

    Greg actually has one patch in his tree that clashes with one of mine.

    Please note, this tree is currently very storage centric (i.e. I haven't
    included net trees or quilts because I didn't think they'd be likely to
    clash with my SCSI trees). However, if it could be more generally
    useful, I could add other trees and quilts to it.

    The script that's doing all of this (if you want to try it at home) is:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jejb/build.pl

    James

      Last update: 2008-01-18 01:07    [W:0.025 / U:0.672 seconds]