    SubjectRe: [patch 1/6] Linux Kernel Markers - Architecture Independent Code
     > > Anybody got a proposed scheme for the case where somebody like myself
    > > who is *not* a member of the Maintainer Cabal has looked at a patch, and
    > > found a valid show-stopper that's bigger than just whitespace (breaks on
    > > 64-bit, locking issues, etc), or other commentary that *should* be addressed
    > > before it gets merged? I'd like *some* way to tag a patch with "I had an
    > > issue with V1, but the author addressed it to my satisfaction in V2"....

    > I think that'd be Reviewed-By. While you are not part of the smokey room
    > cabal you have shown technical expertise in various areas so it seems
    > perfectly fine to have reviewed-by from you. The fix vs a previous version
    > should probably be just in the text with a paragraph ala:

    > Issue blah in a previous version as found by Valdis Kletnieks has been fixed
    > by doing foo.

    At ksummit Andrew also mentioned including a link to the relevant
    mailing list discussion too, and I think this would be a good example
    of when that would be useful.

    - R.

      Last update: 2007-09-07 23:33    [W:0.028 / U:3.244 seconds]