    SubjectRe: [patch 1/6] Linux Kernel Markers - Architecture Independent Code
    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:04:45 EDT, Theodore Tso said:
    > This was proposed by Andrew and discussed at the Kernel Summit; the
    > basic idea is that it is a formal indication that the person has done
    > a *full* review of the patch (a few random comments from the local
    > whitespace police don't count),

    Anybody got a proposed scheme for the case where somebody like myself
    who is *not* a member of the Maintainer Cabal has looked at a patch, and
    found a valid show-stopper that's bigger than just whitespace (breaks on
    64-bit, locking issues, etc), or other commentary that *should* be addressed
    before it gets merged? I'd like *some* way to tag a patch with "I had an
    issue with V1, but the author addressed it to my satisfaction in V2"....

    (Note that includes "the author convinced me the patch was right and I was
    wrong"...)

      Last update: 2007-09-07 19:15    [W:0.020 / U:152.492 seconds]