    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] spontaneous disconnect with "usb-storage: implement autosuspend"
    On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:33:48PM -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
    > Greg KH wrote:
    >> There are many regressions right now, _ONLY_ if you enable
    >> CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND. If you disable that, your problems will go away,
    >> right?
    > ..
    >> Oh, and currently no distro will enable this option due to the hardware
    >> problems, so the only people that could get hit by this are those who
    >> build their own kernels, and they can easily disable the option.
    > Ubuntu has CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y

    They also have a patch that disables suspend automatically for all
    devices except USB hubs. Same goes for Red Hat's rawhide kernel.

    > There are probably lots of other distros that use it as well.

    Not without the above mentioned patch they do not :)

    > This new behaviour (failed operation of USB flash keys) is a *new*
    > regression
    > in 2.6.23, and we still have time to fix it by either reverting the changed
    > functionality, or by changing the code to default OFF.

    I now agree.

    > Here's my patch for 2.6.23-rc6+ :
    > Fix USB Storage failures.
    > Signed-Off-By: Mark Lord <>

    That's way too simple, I want to revert the whole usb-storage suspend
    logic as Oliver has found some core problems with it working properly,
    even with devices that have no problems.

    Is that ok for you?

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2007-09-13 11:43    [W:0.045 / U:35.416 seconds]