    SubjectRe: [RFC] automatic CC generation for patch submission
    On 6/30/07, Satyam Sharma <satyam.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On 6/30/07, Kok, Auke <auke-jan.h.kok@intel.com> wrote:
    > > [...]
    > > an easier way to implement this is to add an extra field in the MAINTAINERS
    > > file, something like below. All the contact info would stay the same, closely
    > > where applicable and it would allow you to also specify specific files as well.

    Your idea is quite different though, of course.

    > Hmm, associating MAINTAINERS and source files. I remember surfing LKML
    > archives one day and coming across this huge and ugly flamefest when some
    > guy called Eric S. Raymond (hehe :-) suggested something like this and got
    > burned.

    <ugh, reads again and feels stupid>

    And before _I_ get burned for being impolite / provoking something, let me
    clarify that the comment above was purely in spirit of humour (bad effort,
    of course).

      Last update: 2007-06-30 05:31    [W:0.019 / U:2.120 seconds]