    Subject[BUG] libata IT821X driver still fails! Hard-freezes system.
    This is the screen image I took with my digital camera when bootup

    After this freeze, not even SysRq commands work.
    On a side-note, the non-libata drivers boot up, but throw tons of DMA
    errors after one DVD burn.

    The kernel I tested this on (newest I would try) is 2.6.22-rc4 with and
    without cfs16. I am willing to test out patches if I can get this darn
    controller working.

    My config:

    At the time of this freeze, the kernel was not tainted. I am running a
    Pentium-D 830 3.0GHz Dualcore on a ASUS P5LD2 with latest bios rev.

    My lspci -vvv info:

    I also find it pecular that it says there is a 40wire cable; I have
    tried 3 different 80wire cables and it doesn't make a difference. So,
    yes indeed I am using proper cables, and have tried others.

    Just to make sure, this a brand new 20A1P burner, the old one did the
    same thing though.

    If I build pata_821x(or whatnot) as a module, system freezes after about
    5 seconds after insmod, without dumping any information at all.

    It may say it's a RAID controller, but on this motherboard it seems to
    be pure passthru because there is no RAID option for this controller in
    the BIOS. I have also tried a few flags recommended by Alan before,
    which do not help.

    Help would be very much appreciated! Further info, if needed, just ask.

      Last update: 2007-06-14 10:45    [W:0.021 / U:22.996 seconds]