    On Jun 12, 2007, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
    >> Per this reasoning, Sun wouldn't be waiting for GPLv3, and it would
    >> have already released the OpenSolaris kernel under GPLv2, would it
    >> not? ;-)

    > Umm. You are making the fundamental mistake of thinking that Sun is in
    > this to actually further some open-source agenda.

    Err, no. I was merely questioning Ingo's reasoning that Sun wanted
    Linux's drivers as badly as he made it seem. All the fuss about
    waiting for and going to GPLv3 wouldn't get them that. Moving to
    GPLv2 would, and still, they aren't doing it. That was my point.

    FWIW, I share most of your assessment and wait-and-see attitude about
    Sun's situation.

    Alexandre Oliva
    FSF Latin America Board Member
    Red Hat Compiler Engineer aoliva@{,}
    Free Software Evangelist oliva@{,}

      Last update: 2007-06-13 01:15    [W:0.020 / U:37.776 seconds]