    SubjectRe: Getting the new RxRPC patches upstream
    Date

    David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:

    > Is it possible for your changes to be purely networking
    > and not need those changes outside of the networking?

    See my latest patchset release. I've reduced the dependencies on
    non-networking changes to:

    (1) Oleg Nesterov's patch to change cancel_delayed_work() to use del_timer()
    rather than del_timer_sync() [patch 02/16].

    This patch can be discarded without compilation failure at the expense of
    making AFS slightly less efficient. It also makes AF_RXRPC slightly less
    efficient, but only in the rmmod path.

    (2) A symbol export in the keyring stuff plus a proliferation of the types
    available in the struct key::type_data union [patch 03/16]. This does
    not conflict with any other patches that I know about.

    (3) A symbol export in the timer stuff [patch 04/16].

    Everything else that remains after the reduction is confined to the AF_RXRPC
    or AFS code, save for a couple of networking patches in my patchset that you
    already have and I just need to make the thing compile.

    I'm not sure that I can make the AF_RXRPC patches totally independent of the
    AFS patches as the two sets need to interleave since the last AF_RXRPC patch
    deletes the old RxRPC code - which the old AFS code depends on.

    David

      Last update: 2007-04-25 15:53    [W:0.024 / U:30.052 seconds]