    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] RSDL completely fair starvation free interactive cpu scheduler

    * Con Kolivas <> wrote:

    > This message is to announce the first general public release of the
    > "Rotating Staircase DeadLine" cpu scheduler.
    > Based on previous work from the staircase cpu scheduler I set out to
    > design, from scratch, a new scheduling policy design which satisfies
    > every requirement for SCHED_NORMAL (otherwise known as SCHED_OTHER)
    > task management.

    cool! I like this even more than i liked your original staircase
    scheduler from 2 years ago :) Lets try what we did back then: put it
    into -mm and see what breaks (if anything). But in general, it is
    becoming increasingly clear that the interactivity estimator is a more
    fragile concept than the built-in quota mechanism of the staircase
    scheduler, so if it works in practice i'm quite in favor of it, even if
    it regresses /some/ workloads.

      Last update: 2007-03-08 09:57    [W:0.023 / U:14.416 seconds]