    SubjectRe: [git pull] scheduler fixes

    * Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino <> wrote:

    > | > git://
    > | >
    > | > It has another commit besides this fix. Thanks,
    > |
    > | Can you make up something that I can apply for 2.6.23-stable? or is
    > | this not an issue on that tree?
    > FWIW I couldn't reproduce the problem with sched_slice() is
    > quite different on that kernel and _maybe_ it won't never divide by
    > zero.

    no, this is due to a fairly recent commit, so 2.6.23 should not be
    affected. (We cleaned up sched_rr_interval() in one of the 2.6.24
    scheduler commits.)

    > My original report on vendor-sec was wrong. I've said that
    > had the same bug but turns out the kernel I tested had the Ingo's CFS
    > backport patch applied. I didn't know that, I thought it was a vanilla
    > kernel.
    > Btw, I think it's important to release a new CFS backport patch
    > because maybe some distro is using it (Mandriva stable kernel is using
    > the CFS backport patch, but we didn't update to latest version yet).

    this should only affect the v24 CFS version - i've updated the v24
    backport patches. sched_rr_interval() is almost never used, and it's
    basically never used for SCHED_OTHER tasks.

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-04 22:07    [W:0.030 / U:10.044 seconds]