    SubjectRe: AppArmor Security Goal
    > Can you explain why you want a non-privileged user to be able to edit
    > policy? I would like to better understand the problem here.

    Because root doesn't trust users who in turn may not trust apps they run
    or wish to control things. I don't see a problem with that viewpoint in
    terms of forbidding things providing the user (or process tree) does not
    get to undo rules merely add more restrictions.

    > non-privileged user to further tighten the profile on a program. To me,
    > that adds complexity with not much value, but if lots of users want it,
    > then I'm wrong :)

    Assuming you have any value in the first place, which is another topic, I
    can see value for this in all the security models.

      Last update: 2007-11-11 00:01    [W:0.032 / U:0.596 seconds]