    SubjectRe: Network slowdown due to CFS
    Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > But, because you assert it that it's risky to "criticise sched_yield()
    > too much", you sure must know at least one real example where it's right
    > to use it (and cite the line and code where it's used, with
    > specificity)?

    It's fine to criticise sched_yield(). I agree that new apps should
    generally be written to use proper completion mechanisms or to wait for
    specific events.

    However, there are closed-source and/or frozen-source apps where it's
    not practical to rewrite or rebuild the app. Does it make sense to
    break the behaviour of all of these?

    Chris

      Last update: 2007-10-01 18:59    [W:0.021 / U:0.592 seconds]