SubjectExpertise required on building code for SMP
We've written a device driver in linux for a pcmcia card with usb and
serial functionality. I need to test this driver on a dual core/SMP
machine. We work on kernel 2.6.15.4. I have recompiled this kernel
version on my dual core machine with the CONFIG_SMP flag set during
menuconfig.

How do i ensure that my driver is making use of the SMP feature? Do
build my driver code i have a makefile in which i use the EXTRA_CFLAGS=
-D__SMP__ -DCONFIG_SMP -DLINUX.
Am i using the right flags? Do these flags really have any significance
in deciding whether the SMP capability will be exploited? Are there any
other flags i need to use while building my driver code? What does the
-jN flag mean? Should i be using it in my case.

Please guide me. I am a bit confused.

Regards

Bhuvan Mital
Project Engineer,
Wipro Technologies

  Last update: 2006-07-13 09:45    [W:1.773 / U:0.512 seconds]