    SubjectRe: GFS2 and DLM

    Steven Whitehouse wrote:
    > kernel/printk.c | 1
    > mm/filemap.c | 1
    > mm/readahead.c | 1

    These EXPORTs are a bit unfortunate.

    BTW. you have one function that calls file_ra_state_init but never appears
    to use the initialized ra_state.

    Why is gfs2_internal_read() called the "external read function" in the

    The internal_read function doesn't look like a great candidate for passing
    a ra_state to, which invokes all the mechanism expecting a regular file
    being accessed by a user program.

    It seems as though you could explicitly control readahead more optimally,
    but I don't know what the best way to do that would be. I assume Andrew
    has had a quick look and doesn't know either.

    The part where you needed file_read_actor looks like pretty much a stright
    cut and paste from __generic_file_aio_read, which indicates that you might
    be exporting at the wrong level.

    Not sure about the tty_ export. Would it be better to make a generic
    printfish interface on top of it and also replace the interesting dquot.c
    gymnastics? (I don't know)

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-06-20 16:47    [W:1.829 / U:1.268 seconds]