SubjectRe: GFS2 and DLM

Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> kernel/printk.c | 1
> mm/filemap.c | 1
> mm/readahead.c | 1

These EXPORTs are a bit unfortunate.

BTW. you have one function that calls file_ra_state_init but never appears
to use the initialized ra_state.

Why is gfs2_internal_read() called the "external read function" in the

The internal_read function doesn't look like a great candidate for passing
a ra_state to, which invokes all the mechanism expecting a regular file
being accessed by a user program.

It seems as though you could explicitly control readahead more optimally,
but I don't know what the best way to do that would be. I assume Andrew
has had a quick look and doesn't know either.

The part where you needed file_read_actor looks like pretty much a stright
cut and paste from __generic_file_aio_read, which indicates that you might
be exporting at the wrong level.

Not sure about the tty_ export. Would it be better to make a generic
printfish interface on top of it and also replace the interesting dquot.c
gymnastics? (I don't know)

SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.