    SubjectArch-specific header inconsistency (asm-*/termios.h)
    Date
    I'm in the process of cleaning up various headers for use from
    userspace, and at the same time I'm working to clean up some of the
    duplication in the kernel-only portions of those headers. I'm
    running into one oddity that I can't explain. In the various asm-*/
    termios.h files, there are user_termio_to_kernel_termios functions.
    The m68k header does this:

    get_user((termios)->c_line, &(termio)->c_line);

    The i386 header is missing that line, and after macro expansion the
    rest of the context is almost exactly identical. It appears there
    are a couple other architectures that fall on both sides of the
    fence. Can anyone explain this apparently aberrant behavior or is
    this a bug? If there's a reason behind it, I'll make sure to put in
    a useful comment; otherwise I'll fix it.

    Thanks for the help!

    Cheers,
    Kyle Moffett

      Last update: 2006-03-31 02:23    [W:0.021 / U:33.352 seconds]