    SubjectRe: How to compile module params into kernel?
    Date
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Joakim Tjernlund" <joakim.tjernlund@transmode.se>
    To: "'Jesper Juhl'" <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
    Cc: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
    Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:02 PM
    Subject: RE: How to compile module params into kernel?

    If you don't have a module, you can not use module parameters. However, it
    might even be simpler...
    You just put your parameters (strings to parse) on the kernel command-line
    and you put code in your driver to interpret them.

    You want to look at "saved_command_line." It is a string as:
    extern char saved_command_line[COMMAND_LINE_SIZE];
    You need to parse ASCII text yourself, in your driver, but it's trivial.
    Look at .../arch/i386/kernel/setup.c parse_cmdline_early().
    I don't see anywhere in the kernel that it gets overwritten so it should be
    good to use.

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version 2.6.16.24 (somewhere). IT removed email for
    engineers!
    New Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com

      Last update: 2006-11-08 22:03    [W:0.025 / U:150.940 seconds]