    SubjectRe: Dual cores on Core2Duo not detected?

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Mark Lord wrote:

    > Shaun Q wrote:
    >> Hi there everyone --
    >>
    >> I'm trying to build a custom kernel for using both cores of my new Core2Duo
    >> E6600 processor...
    >>
    >> I thought this was simply a matter of enabling the SMP support in the
    >> kernel .config and recompiling, but when the kernel comes back up, still
    >> only one core is detected.
    >>
    >> With the default vanilla text-based SuSE 10.1 install, it does find both
    >> cores...
    >>
    >> Anyone have any pointers for me on what I might be missing?
    >
    > CPU type is set to Pentium-4 or Pentium-M ? (either works here).

    I'm not getting the CPU Type options here, just the "Processor Family"
    which is set to Intel EM64T. I think the CPU type options are only
    available if I create a 32-bit kernel instead of the 64-bit one I'm
    working on here.

    Thanks!
    Shaun

      Last update: 2006-11-13 16:53    [W:0.034 / U:1.044 seconds]