    SubjectRe: Remove hotplug cpu crap from cpufreq.

    On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > Won't there be any problems with suspend on SMP vs cpufreq if this stuff is
    > removed?

    Well, at least traditionally, the hotplug locking has caused more problems
    than it has fixed, but at least right _now_ it seems to work.

    At least for the one machine I tend to test on (Core Duo Mac Mini) a
    suspend currently works at least once (which is not saying a lot,
    especially as the X server I use right now is broken and doesn't bring the
    screen back. Oh, well).

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.032 / U:0.112 seconds]