    SubjectRe: Remove hotplug cpu crap from cpufreq.

    On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Dave Jones wrote:

    > I've had it with this stuff. For months, we've had various warnings
    > popping up from this code (which was clearly half-baked at best when it
    > went in).
    >
    > Until someone steps up who actually gives a damn about fixing it, can
    > we just rip this crap out so I stop getting mails from users who couldn't
    > care less about CPU hotplug anyway?

    Hmm. People _have_ given a damn, and I think you were even cc'd.

    Did you take a look at the 5-patch (or was it 6?) series by Gautham R
    Shenoy <ego@in.ibm.com>? I'm cc'ing him, in case you weren't on the
    original list, and he should talk to you ;)

    Right now, for 2.6.19, I'd prefer to not touch that mess unless there are
    known conditions that actually cause more problems than just stupid
    warnings..

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.021 / U:1.268 seconds]