    Subject[rfc] 2.6.19-rc1-git5: consolidation of file backed fault handlers
    OK, I've cleaned up and further improved this patchset, removed duplication
    while retaining legacy nopage handling, restored page_mkwrite to the ->fault
    path (due to lack of users upstream to attempt a conversion), converted the
    rest of the filesystems to use ->fault, restored MAP_POPULATE and population
    of remap_file_pages pages, replaced nopfn completely, and removed
    NOPAGE_REFAULT because that can be done easily with ->fault.

    In the process:
    - GFS2, OCFS2 theoretically get nonlinear mapping support
    - Nonlinear mappings gain page_mkwrite and dirty page throttling support
    - Nonlinear mappings gain the fault vs truncate race fix introduced for linear

    All pretty much for free.

    This is lightly compile tested only, unlike the last set, mainly
    because it is presently just an RFC regarding the direction I'm going
    (and it's bedtime).

      Last update: 2006-10-09 18:15    [W:0.017 / U:1.728 seconds]