    SubjectWould SSI clustering extensions be of interest to kernel community?
    I have implemented SSI (single system image) clustering extensions to
    Linux kernel in the form of a loadable module.

    It roughly mimics OpenMosix model of deputy/remote split (migrated
    processes leave a stub on the node where they were born and depend on
    the "home" node for IO).

    The implementation shares no code with Mosix/Open Mosix (was written
    from scratch), is much smaller, and is easily portable to multiple

    We are considering publication of this code and forming an open source
    project around it.

    I have two questions to the community:

    1) Is community interested in using this code? Do users require SSI
    product in the era when everybody is talking about partitioning of
    machines and not clustering?
    2) Are kernel maintainers interested in clustering extensions to Linux
    kernel? Do they see any value in them? (Our code does not require kernel
    changes, but we are willing to submit it for inclusion if there is

    Please CC me and the list when replying.

    Constantine Gavrilov
    Kernel Developer
    Qlusters Software Ltd
    1 Azrieli Center, Tel-Aviv
    Phone: +972-3-6081977
    Fax: +972-3-6081841

      Last update: 2006-10-16 14:53    [W:0.021 / U:10.220 seconds]