    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-git breaks Xorg on em64t
    On 1/14/06, Dave Jones <> wrote:
    > Andi,
    > Sometime in the last week something was introduced to Linus'
    > tree which makes my dual EM64T go nuts when X tries to start.
    > By "go nuts", I mean it does various random things, seen so
    > far..
    > - Machine check. (I'm convinced this isn't a hardware problem
    > despite the new addition telling me otherwise :)
    > - Reboot
    > - Total lockup
    > - NMI watchdog firing, and then lockup
    > I've tried backing out a handful of the x86-64 patches, and
    > didn't get too far, as some of them are dependant on others,
    > it quickly became a real mess to try to bisect where exactly it broke.
    > Any ideas for potential candidates to try & back out ?

    Did you perhaps take a look at my report ? -git{6,7} were
    bad for me, and the netconsole stack was, uhm, interesting.

    -git8 made the problem disappear. Haven't tested more recent

    "Somehow all you ever need is, never really quite enough, you know"

    (Bruce Springsteen - "Reno")

      Last update: 2006-01-14 15:52    [W:0.030 / U:6.632 seconds]