    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-git breaks Xorg on em64t
    On Saturday 14 January 2006 07:52, Dave Jones wrote:
    > Andi,
    > Sometime in the last week something was introduced to Linus'
    > tree which makes my dual EM64T go nuts when X tries to start.
    > By "go nuts", I mean it does various random things, seen so
    > far..
    > - Machine check. (I'm convinced this isn't a hardware problem
    > despite the new addition telling me otherwise :)

    Normally it should be impossible to cause machine checks from software
    on Intel systems.

    > - Reboot
    > - Total lockup
    > - NMI watchdog firing, and then lockup
    > I've tried backing out a handful of the x86-64 patches, and
    > didn't get too far, as some of them are dependant on others,
    > it quickly became a real mess to try to bisect where exactly it broke.\

    Shouldn't be too bad - i did a binary search for something else and it worked
    pretty well.
    > Any ideas for potential candidates to try & back out ?

    Does it work when you revert all x86-64 changes?

      Last update: 2006-01-14 19:47    [W:0.021 / U:8.968 seconds]