SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance
James Bruce wrote:

> That said, its important not to claim something about a patch which
> doesn't match the common definitions. Ingo has been very careful in the
> claims he's made, but I think a lot of people have read his posts too
> quickly and misinterpreted what he's claiming for the current patch.
> This includes people on both sides of the fence. He's also been silent
> for much of this discussion as its gotten out of hand, showing he's
> clearly wiser than all of us.

I have never been in any doubt as to the specific claims I have
made. I continually have been talking about hard realtime from
start to finish, and it appears that everyone now agrees with me
that for hard-RT, a nanokernel solution is better or at least
not obviously worse at this stage.

Ingo actually of course has been completely rational and honest
the whole time - he actually emailed me to basically say "there
will be pros and cons of both, and until things develop further
I'm not completely sure".

Which I was pretty satisfied with. Then along came the lynch mob.

  Last update: 2005-05-31 11:38    [W:2.093 / U:0.444 seconds]