    SubjectRe: Git-commits mailing list feed.
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > That was my plan, at least. But I haven't set up any signature generation
    > thing, and this really isn't my area of expertise any more. But my _plan_
    > literally was to have the tag object look a lot like a commit object, but
    > instead of pointing to the tree and the commit parents, it would point to
    > the commit you are tagging. Somehting like
    >
    > commit a2755a80f40e5794ddc20e00f781af9d6320fafb
    > tag v2.6.12-rc3
    > signer Linus Torvalds
    >
    > This is my official original 2.6.12-rc2 release

    > with a few fixed headers and then a place for free-form commentary,

    groovy

    > If somebody writes a script to generate the above kind of thing (and tells
    > me how to validate it), I'll do the rest, and start tagging things
    > properly. Oh, and make sure the above sounds sane (ie if somebody has a
    > better idea for how to more easily identify how to find the public key to
    > check against, please speak up).

    [tangent]

    Any chance you'll have a tree tagged with older releases?
    Is someone with access to BK working on that?

    I do a lot of patch merges where someone sends me a 2.6.10 patch.
    Presuming the fix is still valid, I'll clone to 2.6.10, merge the patch,
    pull 2.6.latest into the 2.6.10-based repo, then push the whole she-bang
    into one of my for-upstream repos.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-04-23 22:19    [W:0.025 / U:3.448 seconds]