SubjectRe: Git-commits mailing list feed.
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> That was my plan, at least. But I haven't set up any signature generation
> thing, and this really isn't my area of expertise any more. But my _plan_
> literally was to have the tag object look a lot like a commit object, but
> instead of pointing to the tree and the commit parents, it would point to
> the commit you are tagging. Somehting like
> commit a2755a80f40e5794ddc20e00f781af9d6320fafb
> tag v2.6.12-rc3
> signer Linus Torvalds
> This is my official original 2.6.12-rc2 release

> with a few fixed headers and then a place for free-form commentary,

> If somebody writes a script to generate the above kind of thing (and tells
> me how to validate it), I'll do the rest, and start tagging things
> properly. Oh, and make sure the above sounds sane (ie if somebody has a
> better idea for how to more easily identify how to find the public key to
> check against, please speak up).

Any chance you'll have a tree tagged with older releases?
Is someone with access to BK working on that?

I do a lot of patch merges where someone sends me a 2.6.10 patch.
Presuming the fix is still valid, I'll clone to 2.6.10, merge the patch,
pull 2.6.latest into the 2.6.10-based repo, then push the whole she-bang
into one of my for-upstream repos.