Subjecthpfsck question
Hi Klaus,

Yesterday I tried to mount my iPod as usual, but the hfsplus kernel
module complained the following:

HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running
fsck.hfsplus is recommended. mounting read-only.

So I installed your hfsplusutils package and ran hpfsck. After that I
tried to remount /dev/sda3, and sure enough, the kernel spit out the
same message.

After a bit of time debugging what was wrong during the hpfsck run, I
found out that the filesystem is opened read-only:

result = fscheck_volume_open(&vol, device, HFSP_MODE_RDONLY);

Hence, the volume_close() call couldn't write anything like
HFSPLUS_VOL_UNMNT in the FS' attributes... Once I changed that to open
the device read-write, the next mount attempt worked. Is there any
reason why hpfsck would attempt to fix a filesystem read-only ?

--
Colin