    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6: USB disk unusable level of data corruption

    >> Is USB/SCSI just terminally broken under 2.6?

    David> I don't think so, but there are problems that appear in some
    David> hardware configs and not others. Many folk report no problems;
    David> a (very) few report nothing but.

    This is just a chime in to let people know others are seeing problems
    with USB/SCSI external enclosures.

    I haven't tried lately, but my USB/FireWire enclosure never worked
    with Linux (or WinNT under firewire, sigh...) so I haven't touched it
    in months. Money down the drain.

    David> If you've verified this on 2.6.10, then you certainly have have
    David> the ehci-hcd (re)queueing race fix that has made a big
    David> difference for some folk. I don't know of any other issues in
    David> that driver that could explain usb-storage problems.

    I should try it again and see how it works under USB/Firewire, my last
    attempts were under 2.6.[78] or so time frame.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:2.028 seconds]