SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6: USB disk unusable level of data corruption
Date
John Stoffel wrote:

> I haven't tried lately, but my USB/FireWire enclosure never worked
> with Linux (or WinNT under firewire, sigh...) so I haven't touched it
> in months. Money down the drain.

I have a MAGNEX/ViPower USB/FirWire external HD enclosure. I
found that it works pretty fine (albeit slowly) when connected
to the USB 1.1 ports built in my Dell Inspiron 8200, but trying
to connect it via the Hamlet PCMCIA USB2 Card Adapter doesn't
work (it seems it gets assigned minors 1,2,3,4,5,6,... and so
on forever until I unplug it).

OTOH, I'm not sure if it's a PCMCIA adapter problem or USB2
enclosure problem. Indeed, if I don't load the EHCI modules,
and thus limit myself to the USB1.1 capabilities of the PCMCIA
adapters, I get other errors (I'll have to write a cleaner bug
report on this. And try the PCMCIA card with some other USB
device. Wish I could use my softmodem under Linux :(). (Using
kernel 2.6.10-3 from Debian.)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see
It all makes perfect sense
Expressed in dollar and cents
Pounds shillings and pence
(Roger Waters)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.087 / U:0.076 seconds]