SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] Makefile: sound/ must come before drivers/

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Thinking about this, what about the patch below?
>
> I don't know whether this might break anything else, but it fixes my
> problem.

I'd be much more worried about this than about your patch that just
modifies one driver.

Basically, this would make _all_ sound drivers initialize before the other
drivers, and that just makes me suspect you'll have a lot of new bugs that
get uncovered by the fact that the configuration changed radically.

So I'd much rather either fix one single sound driver (that can't mess up
anything else), or fix the sound _core_ to just initialize in the right
place. Moving _all_ sound drivers earlier sounds risky as hell, for no
good reason.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.172 / U:0.200 seconds]