    SubjectRe: cx88 totally fried in 2.6.15-rcX -was- Re: HD3000 - no NTSC via tuner
    Gene Heskett wrote:

    >On Monday 28 November 2005 22:43, Michael Krufky wrote:
    >>Michael Krufky wrote:
    >>Oops.... I forgot to answer this question....
    >>It doesnt matter in what directory you are issuing the commands
    >>below... Although you certainly should NOT issue these within your
    >>kernel source, and you should be inside the newly-downloaded v4l-dvb
    >>tree after you "cd" into it. I recommend either doing this in your
    >>~home directory, or in /usr/src
    >I built it in /usr/src, seemed to be ok ANAICT. It just didn't work.
    >Bear in mind I have no ATSC signals out here in the West Virginia hills
    >yet, all ntsc. So I can't as yet test the ATSC side.
    Very interesting... This whole time I thought that your testing was
    using a VSB stream.

    So, you're only talking about problems with analog NTSC?

    It seems that I might be having a similar (but NOT the same) problem
    with my FusionHDTV3 Gold-T, but it has nothing to do with the kernel
    version. Let me remind you that this card uses Thomson DDT 7611, and
    your card uses Thomson DDT 7610. It simply doesnt work anymore,
    regardless of whether I am in Linux or Windows, no matter which kernel
    version. Only digital ATSC (using QAM256) is working for me.

    I will have to test NTSC using my FusionHDTV5 Gold, installed in my
    other box. It doesnt have 2.6.15 installed right now. I will wait for
    2.6.15-rc3 to propogate to the mirrors before I install it,
    so this may take some time. The other card, however, has a TUA6034
    tuner, inside an LG TDVS-H062F ... not the same tuner as you this time,
    but still a cx88 board.

    Anyway, after 2.6.15-rc3 propogates and I get it installed, I'll let you
    know how my testing goes. Would you do the same?

      Last update: 2005-11-29 06:01    [W:0.024 / U:3.444 seconds]